Mountain biking in the zongo valley
Experience a thrilling 3600 meter vertical descent into the deep, narrow Zongo Valley. The ride begins in the desolate Altiplano at the foot of the grand and majestic Huayna Potosi and then carves its way down into the remote, tropical Zongo Valley. Enjoy the thrill of rapid downhill descent on a rugged dirt road with tight switchbacks that are sure to take your breath away. Soak up the dramatic alpine vistas of the surrounding mountains and, if you´re lucky catch a glimpse of a herd of wild llamas. Then drop into the tropical Yungas, with its lush vegetation, winding rivers, and dazzling waterfalls. Here we will enjoy a hearty picnic lunch.
This 42km ride is a serene and tranquil alternative (but no less exhilarating!) to the "world's most dangerous road".
- Length: Day tour (10 hours)
- Ride Time: 3 hours
- Terrain: 100% Downhill
- Distance: 42 km
- Difficulty: All levels
- Food: Snacks, Water and Picnic Lunch
Tour package includes:
- The biking gear
- Bilingual - English/Spanish speaking guides
- Breakfast, Snacks and water during the trips
- Support vehicle which will carry all your luggage and have snacks, water and a Picnic Lunch readily on hand.
- Free T-shirt!!
- A CD of the best photos and videos from the tour